Friday, January 05, 2007

Christmas events

Time for some pictures from Christmas. Late on the 22nd, after work & an unexpected phone call, we had Christmas here as roomies. Jess made super yummy chocolate cheesecake with a brownie crust!


On the 23rd, I was able to go up to Edmonton to be with my sister, so that was fun. God even worked out a last-minute ride for me so I could save my bus ticket till later! :)

On the 24th I spent a LOT of time at West Ed while Julie worked. It just takes so long to get anywhere in that mall! It was ok though because I still needed to get presents for her. :p In the evening we had one of her co-workers over, with his wife.
They were excited to celebrate Christmas with Canadians, as it's their first time ever having Christmas! (It's not part of Chinese culture.) Anyway, we didn't have a traditional meal or anything, but they were fun to be with. They brought tons of Asian food with them too, including this Hello Kitty bucket filled with cookies & candy! Cute. :)


We slept in on the 25th - who wants to get up at the crack of dawn anyways? ;) Then we opened our presents together, talked with family members on the phone, and ate a late brunch.


In the afternoon we were invited out to the same house where we spent Thanksgiving. We had a fun time there with two other families (which included 4 cute boys adopted from Haiti!), a delicious turkey meal, and a time of games afterward. Julie & I were pretty tired by 10 though. :)



The 26th was different too as we went skating for the first time in like 12 years! Julie & I went downtown with our uncle and walked to an outdoor rink.
It was great weather for it, not too cold, and made me think of calendar or typical postcard pictures of Christmas/winter. It was cute. :) The place was pretty packed too. I skated for quite a while and actually enjoyed it after getting the hang of it again. I didn't go too fast but was happy that I did pretty well and didn't fall once! :))
Julie skated for a shorter time but did well too.
Thanks to our uncle for his patience in teaching us!

The rest of the time in Edmonton was spent shopping in different places - Whyte Ave. (love it!), thrift stores, malls - getting haircuts, hanging out with a friend of mine from school, and talking. I was blessed to have a week off to be able to spend with my sis, as last time I saw her (at Thanksgiving) it was so quick!

1 comment:

Julie said...

now i understand why you have a blog. it was all an underhanded attempt to get silly pictures of juliet on the internet. actually the only really weird one is where i'm imitating the monkey.
thanks for coming!