Well, if you forgot to pray for me till after 11am yesterday, you're in luck... because the exams were behind schedule so I actually only went in at 11:10. I had to laugh that after telling everyone it was specifically 10:55 that it ended up being later. :D We had gotten to the church 30 minutes early so killed 15 minutes before going in, and then I had to wait in there 30 minutes anyway since they were behind! Argh. Plus the waiting area was right near the room and you could hear everything! I hate that, sitting there and listening to those before me play the same studies I'm going to play, hearing their sloppy technique, etc. At least that part reassured me that I wouldn't be the only one fudging a bit! :) There were at least 4 of us there doing the same technique supplemental - odd, because I kind of expected to be the only one.
Anyway, so I feel the exam went well. I started with my favorite study, a piece by Scriabin, which I just love for its emotional intensity and crazy chromaticism. After I played it the adjudicator said, "Can I ask you a personal question? What were you thinking of when you played that?" So I think she liked it a lot, which made me happy. :D The next study, just a fast motoring piece, was fine too. I had a bit of a false start but the rest of it was fine, no memory lapses or interruptions to the speed. Yay. Thanks God.
By the time I was done those and waiting to start technique my heart was pounding so hard, but I kept breathing deeply and praying and trying to make it stop. :) I wasn't too nervous, thankfully. My first scale was super easy but for some reason I messed it up and had to start it over. That annoyed me, and the lady kinda laughed at me! Awkward. :/ Anyway, the other scales were good (not perfect), no huge mistakes anyway. Even my arpeggios were quite good, which made me happy because I worked a LOT on those things. Of course she had to ask some of the hardest ones though.
So overall, I know it was better than last time, so I should get a better mark. She also asked me for way more things than the last examiner had, so that means everything was worth fewer points and gave me a chance to show more stuff (i.e. if the first thing was bad the next ones were better). I'm extremely glad it's over - annoying how you work up to this for so long, pay a lot for the test, and then it's done SO fast! But oh well. Now I can forget piano practicing for a while and go back to voice. :))
Thanks everyone!
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
PARABENS ESTHER!
Filipe
yay PTL
Post a Comment