I found out on Saturday that Gus Honecker died Friday morning. Prairie friends, I thought you'd like to know. He was the cute old man who'd been here for aaages, used to be in the meat-cutting department back in the day, and still volunteered in the kitchen all the time. I saw him lots when I worked at the O, and he was very sweet. He talked to me a few times. He was pretty deaf, very hunched over, rode a big tricycle around town, still lived on his own, and always had a harmonica which he'd pull out to play spontaneously for students. :)
God bless him for his faithful service all these years and for his friendliness to all the young students! He was a blessing to many.
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yes, I'm doing much better now. I think things are going to be okay.
Post a Comment