Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thanksgiving

Ah, fall in Three Hills... it's beautiful, at least for a couple of weeks. I must admit I don't really like it when the leaves start to turn, because I know it means winter is on the way! I'd much rather have summer. But it is beautiful, especially the yellow-poplar-lined streets, until all the leaves are gone and everything is dead, ugly, and brown. :(

The only red colors we get are from sweet hedges like the one below, and mountain ash trees. I wish we had maple trees! Thankfully now, even tho it's ugly, it's still been very warm and sunny. We haven't even had a real snow yet!

The other great thing about fall is Thanksgiving! And this Thanksgiving was especially looked forward to by both me and a certain boy. ;) Ralph and I were able to be in Edmonton together with his family, and we saw my brother a couple of times too. (These first pictures are while we were still in Three Hills - he came to pick me up and see a few friends.)

In Edmonton, we visited my bro at Starbucks and dropped stuff off at their house quickly, then went down to the AB Legislature with Ralph's brother and one of his sisters.


On Sunday, we went to the Muttart Conservatory, a plant conservatory in 4 glass pyramid greenhouses. There were temperate, arid, tropical, and show pyramids. Of course my favorite was the tropical because I saw many plants I knew from Brazil!

This huge leaf had some kind of weird shadow on it.

Two of Ralph's sisters and his brother went with us, and my bro met up with us there too.


Kudos to Em for taking this sweet shot. :)

Monday we slept in, got pictures developed, had the big Thanksgiving meal, did lots of dishes, and went for a walk before I had to go meet my ride to come home. It was wonderful to have 3 days off work, get away from Three Hills, see Mike & Julie (briefly), and be with my Ralph and his family! :)

4 comments:

Catalyst said...

Boy...what a strange shadow on that leaf, Esther... ^_~ Looks like you guys had a great time.

Looking forward to meeting this fellow of yours. =)

-Alyssa

Carla said...

beautiful Three Hills pictures, Esther!

Julie said...

my ralph,
eh?

Anonymous said...

Muié, foi bom ver vc novamente ontem!
Captain Forr

P.S. Tá na hora de atualizar o blog, viu???