Sunday, February 25, 2007

update on a busy couple of weeks

Well, the Kananaskis trip was a blast. It was so much easier than my normal shifts because I didn't have to make supper, clean, do dishes, or do laundry! I only had helped set the table or clean up sometimes, and dish duty was pre-assigned. Sweet. The rest of the time we puzzled,
played games, had a snowball fight (these 3 are staff, by the way), sang, sat in vehicles, etc. I even got enough alone time to satisfy me - time logging for clients and at night, time to sit up and read or write after people had gone to bed. That was nice.
(The cabins from the outside - they're really nice 2 or 3 bedroom cabins; we had 4 for our group of 22.)


The clients decorated cookies on the 13th with icing and toppings... some went all-out, others not so much! :) We staff just got to eat some... yummy!

Wednesday (Valentine's Day) we drove to Lake Louise
(it took like 2 hours!) to eat lunch and then go on a sleigh ride down one side of the lake. It was sweet and fun. Beautiful day. (I can't really put pix of clients up so that's why all the scenery only. :)) I love snow-laden trees.


(the winter garb of the mountains at the far end of the lake)

In Banff we (my 2 clients & I) shopped, ate supper at Tony Roma's, shopped quickly some more, and then went to the hot springs. That was fun but too short once we got in and had to get out again for people to get ready again in time to leave! :( I randomly ran into my aunt in the change room, so that was funny. I knew they were in the area for a couple days but they were staying in Canmore and skiing in Lake Louise. Anyway, their hotel's hot tub wasn't working so they got free passes for Banff Hot Springs. :) Funny. I hadn't seen them in over a year though, so that was cool.

Pictures from Kananaskis Village (basically some hotels & a few stores):


When I got home Friday afternoon, I came home and ate and was soon off to a Creation conference that was being held. I could actually go to the Friday pm part because I didn't have to work that night! Yay. It was VERY good, informative, interesting, and relevant to our culture. I bought some books to read and a DVD of the sessions to loan to some people who I think would be interested. :)

(dinosaur exhibit from the traveling Creation museum)

That Sunday Julie came to visit for 3 nights. That was fun. It was her reading break last week so she was able to come see my house, finally! She had to go back Wed. to work though. I had Monday off because it was a holiday, so at least we had a couple days to do stuff. Tuesday-Thursday was the Prairie missions conference, so we went to 2 of the a.m. chapels. The speaker (Floyd McLung) was really good, and we got to see 2 of our Crossworld peeps. :)

We didn't take pictures together except for some on my computer... check 'em out. ;)

somewhat normal...

sneaky Julie wrecks Esther's attempt at a nice pic

must've been a warm night!

I bet you've never seen us like this before! ;)

As I've already posted, the rest of the week (at work) was challenging, so hopefully next week goes better! I was ready for this weekend to rest & do some other stuff. Sunday I played piano at church to accompany my roomie who was singing for offertory. It went pretty well.

Oh, and my arm is a LOT better. I think the restful week at K. helped, and this week it got even more better. ;) At church all these people were asking about what had happened. I was confused till I saw the prayer sheet with my name under the "sick or recovering from surgery" part! Apparently it was on there last week too. Watch what you write in your emails, Mom & Dad! :D Oh well. I was able to tell some people what it was about and that I was better, so hopefully they can spread the word, hehe. At least it was getting prayed for I guess, maybe that's why it's better now.

Have a great week everyone! March already, wow!

1 comment:

Cam said...

Esther, you know the funny thing about those pictures of you and julie? I have see you guys like that, it was just years ago! ;) I miss those days!