Saturday, February 10, 2007

there's a first time for everything

More specifically, my first broken bone!

Well actually, a tiny fracture, but hey... I went back to the hospital today to follow up on my elbow before I go away for a week. My elbow is super bruised (it looks pretty cool actually) but a bone in my forearm hurts the most. So I got 6 more x-rays (I bet I'm going to get cancer now from all the radiation I've been through in the past 2 months...) of my
elbow and arm this time. Now a couple of the elbow ones showed a small fracture at the top of the radius bone (at the elbow). That's the bone that's hurting halfway down my forearm, apparently "referred pain" from the fracture because it's fine where the pain is.

So, I was glad to find a cause for all the pain (something more than just a sprained tricep tendon anyway)! It's gotten way better this week but still hurts for certain twisting motions (like stirring or washing dishes), carrying something heavy, pushing, leaning on it, etc. (Tonight I was helping clients pack and it was really hard to roll clothes or sleeping bags as I couldn't put too much weight on my arm or my other knee!)

Oh, and I can't do anything about it except wait and keep resting it. It's supposed to heal itself. Too bad I don't have a cast for everyone to sign. Oh wait, you could "sign" my blog with your comments! :D Just pretend. (hint, hint... since I never get many comments!)



Next week I'm going on a business trip.

Haha, that sounds so professional. Actually, all our clients are going to Kananaskis for a holiday, and I get to go along (only some staff are going)! I'm really looking forward to it - it's still work (and 24-hour shifts!) but will be much different from the routine. We hang out in cabins or something (I don't actually know what it's going to look like), read, play games, sing, eat, play outside, etc.
On Valentine's Day we go to Lake Louise to see the Chateau and go on a sleigh ride (sweet!) and then to Banff to shop, eat supper, and go to the hot springs. I'm pumped for that day. :) Hopefully it's not too stressful with the 2 ladies I'll be in charge of. It will be a very long day though so I hope we're all in good spirits by the end of it. :) I haven't ever been to LL in winter, so am looking forward to that, and I haven't been to the hot springs either, even though I lived in Banff for 4 months! :) Yay.

Hope you all have a good weekend (I have so much to get done!) and Valentine's Day with your beloved or else just friends. I was telling someone this was going to be the most eventful V-Day
I've ever had! :p I'll have to post details afterwards but won't be taking my computer with me for the week. Cheers!

2 comments:

thelundys said...

We will be praying for you.
Are you able to take pictures of clients or is that a NO-NO?
Have you heard that Dirks got his visa for Spain?

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the "Brokens Club"!
But, when I said that MEN'S beauty are on the scars, I really ment it: MEN'S beauty!
You,females, should leave all accidents and injuries for us, men!
And, believe me, you woudn't want a cast... after a while, it starts stinking because you can't wash your body inside the cast... and you have a blog for the signatures,
so, have mine!
Sare logo!
Filipe