
In the afternoon my two roomies were opening their presents from each other - Tania because she couldn't wait any more (Jess had been torturing her with it!) and Jess because it was already a day late! :)

In the evening when one of our Brazilian friends came over, he happened to be wearing the same jersey as Tania had just gotten! It was quite funny. But as you can see, the name on the back is different - an Englishman and a Brazilian. :) We enjoyed a Brazilian cafezinho together.

Later everyone else came over and we played the game where you can't say certain words or you lose the tie you're wearing (I've played it with clothespins). The words were the names of the two birthday girls, and then Jess kept adding more words to the taboo list. I ended up winning, with 4, but didn't want the prize so the next person with 3 got it. (Actually, I'll confess that I said each of their names once, when talking to them, without anyone noticing! hahaha. The rest of the time I was having to say "roomie 1" or "roomie 2".)
We also played Mennonite madness, or floor pinata,
had yummy chocolate cake,
and played Twister!! I actually won that too (apparently I was on a roll! ;)), but it wasn't too hard because two people got out right at the beginning. It was fun playing that b/c it had been so long! :)
All in all, it was a fun night. We also watched "The Grinch" as that is Jess' birthday tradition. I was so tired by the end of it, but then couldn't sleep once I got to bed because of all the coffee! Aaaah. That's why I never drink it. I hate the jittery, gross feeling it gives me, and this Brazilian brew was strong. :(
Friday, December 01, 2006
birthdays
This last weekend was a nice, stay-at-home one with my roommates and other friends. Friday was Jess' birthday, and Monday was Tania's, so we had a birthday bash on Saturday night. Lots of people from the soccer teams came over, as well as some other friends. Here's the group shot:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Tell your roommate that 10 is definitely the nicer number!
Aimee
Post a Comment