Thursday, March 20, 2008

a month's recap

February was a really busy month. After that PRBI trip, there was Valentine's Day, Family Day weekend, and a work trip Feb. 25-29. I've been teaching an ESL class every week too, so prep for that keeps me busy!

For Family Day long weekend I went up to Edmonton to visit Mike & Julie. We had fun & they enjoyed having my car to get around. :) I also saw Ralph's family for a bit.

The next week Mike was on his reading break & went on a trip to Calgary, then came to stay with me for a couple nights. So he was here Feb. 20-23. Ralph came the night of the 22nd because it was his reading break that next week. (He brought me carnations! I think they were a late Valentine's gift. :)) We went to RD with Mike & had fun shopping & watching a movie. On Sunday, my sewer backed up, which was soooo disgusting! Thankfully it was just on lino floors, not carpet, but it REEKED and we had to do lots of moving & cleaning! I was so glad Ralph was here to help clean up & stuff! He took videos of it but I don't have them yet.

Then the whole week of Ralph's reading break, I had to be gone to Kananaskis for a trip for work! :( Bad timing. It was a tiring week, mostly since I was in charge of a really annoying lady. I was so ready to come back Friday afternoon to Ralph!

Here's pictures from our day in Banff (work trip):
snowball fights, a trip on the Gondola (yay, I was happy my client wanted to go on that since I haven't been since I was like 5!), eating out. The girl pictured twice is my coworker Christy. That day we also shopped & went to a native museum.



Ralph spent the week with his family & friends, and then we hung out again that weekend till he had to leave Sunday. Things ended up working out great, even though he couldn't work here like he'd wanted to. We ended up having supper at the fanciest restaurant in town & going to a play! :) Twas fun. I'm wearing a new leather jacket Ralph gave me... (actually it was his sister's but she never wears it so he kept wanting to give it to me, and it was like an early 8-month celebration :)).



(That Caesar salad was so good! Definitely creative. :))

And to conclude, Happy Easter everyone!! May we remember to focus on the cross instead of the world's materialistic hype. I'm leaving tomorrow (Good Friday) to see my family & Ralph & his family. I'm excited for the long weekend & chance to spend time with Ralph, obviously. :)

A prayer request: Ralph & I are trying to figure out summer plans for work & places to live. Please pray for things to fall into place soon! :) I'm also getting more & more excited for the Brazil trip - 2 more months!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feliz Pascoa, Eshterrr.
Captain Forr

Julie said...

good idea to do the salad that way!

Catalyst said...

Sewer backup = horrible.

Looks like it's been an adventuresome time for you recently, though!

Will pray for your plans.