Sunday, March 09, 2008

gettin' crafty


A couple of weeks ago, I found a cute pattern for oven mitts online, and that got me thinking that it'd be fun to sew myself some (since I don't have any matching pairs). Unfortunately, my sister has the sewing machine right now... :(

Then this week there was a 50% off sale on fabric, so I thought I really should go for it! The same people had designed this apron, which I thought was adorable (see right). So I bought the pattern and yesterday I went and got 3 kinds of fabric for it (1 is lining). It took a while to pick fabric, especially because they didn't have anything as loud as Sew Bettie's, but I like what I came up with. I cut out all the pieces (that took forever!! remember - what you see plus all of them again in the lining!) and laid them out on the ground. This is kind of what it'll look like. :)
The red is actually a deep red with small black polka dots. I like the combination. The lining is muslin, which even goes with tan stripes in the main fabric.

Yay. Now I just need to get to a sewing machine. I might use the rest of the cloth to make another apron in the reverse patterns. I wanted to make matching oven mitts too, but maybe I'll have to go get more (full-price! :/) stripey fabric for that.

3 comments:

Pianistic Wordsmith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catalyst said...

You go!

...now I'm inspired to sew an apron...with all that free time of mine...

Anonymous said...

Eshterrr...
Mandei seu Café do Ponto ontem pelo Rique.
Consegui falar com o Daniel antes dele viajar. Obrigado!
Captain Forr