Thursday, January 17, 2008

white as snow

Last night as I walked home from work, large snowflakes were gently falling, illuminated in places by streetlights. Now, normally I don't like winter that much, but seeing as it had been about a month since the last real snow, I enjoyed the beauty of yesterday's snow.

I had the privilege of walking through the fresh few inches, mostly unmarred by traffic or shoveling because of the late hour. As I gazed around at the delicate white blanket, I thanked God for the beauty and wonder of His creation. Seeing how it covered everything so perfectly made me think of how Jesus' perfect righteousness covers my sin. We are still recognizable, still the same people, yet the Father sees Jesus' beautiful covering instead of our ugly dirtiness or mundaneness. God also used snow as an analogy in Isaiah 1:18, saying, "Come now, let us reason together.... Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow...."

How blessed I am to be made clean, beautiful, and fresh through Christ's perfection, imputed to me. How blessed to have a Father who sees Christ in me. And as I live for him, my life can sparkle and shine like the snow, reflecting light, reflecting the Son. I don't want to get dirty, muddy, and packed down like the snow. Jesus' death made me sparkling clean and my life should continue to be pure and delicate, reflecting Him and His beauty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bom dia!
Gostei muito da reflexão... Só não tenho saudades da neve!
Vi algo que não via a meses no Canadá: chuva de verdade!
Tenho suado bastante (isso é coisa que eu não contaria normalmmente, mas o calor tá tão bom que vale a pena abrir excessão)!
Pra terminar, ontem tomei sorvete de cupuaçu!
Captain Forr

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts.
Thanks for sharing them!
Have a good weekend.
Are you working again this Saturday?
Mom