Thursday, July 05, 2007

Birthday

I turned 23 almost 2 weeks ago and wanted to post some pictures of my party. My day started veeeery early with 2 phone calls that woke me up. I was happy to be able to talk to all of my family later in the day too, and received a lot of birthday wishes over the internet as well (Orkut, Facebook, random e-cards from my siblings....). It makes me feel so special when so many people remember me! :) Oh, and I loved the collage my sis made for me.

Besides the early calls, I was at church in the morning and then had a bunch of friends over in the evening for a BYOB barbecue. It was lots of fun and I felt blessed to be able to have them all come. I think we were 13 in all. I have been hanging out with most of them every weekend but for this party invited some other people as well who haven't been around as much. So it was good to chat and catch up with them. We had a big supper, played games, talked, laughed, and took pictures. I was blessed with some sweet and thoughtful gifts from dear friends (and some funny gifts). My sister had even left me a gift 5 weeks earlier since she wasn't going to be around! :) And the week before I got a massive cheesecake and visit from out-of-town friends, which was sweet of them.


Thanks, everyone! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you enjoyed our visit!
It was my pleasure to celebrate your bitrthday with you!
I hope the present I gave you was the funny one (or funniest)!
Captain Forr

hadassah said...

actually no, the funny one i referred to was a CD (actually it made me think of you!) called "18 Songs, 18 wheels" for truckers!!! so crazy & random.

Anonymous said...

Well,all 18 wheelers I've driven had, actually, 20 wheels (18 with tires, plus the steering wheel and the fifth wheel, to connect the trailller)!
Talking about trucks, today I posted 3 pics for you and your sis, and one for Thays (remember her?) in my blog... She works at the Volvo factory in Brazil.
Captain Forr

Anonymous said...

Então menina!
Como foi o acampamento?
Cadê as fotos?
Captain Forr