I just wanted to post a follow-up to my last post/prayer request. As a result of B's death, two others have been born, have found life! One of my other clients and a gentleman from another house have both trusted Jesus! All of us who knew B (her friends and family) are confident that she would be/is overjoyed to know that her life and death have had this impact. It's so awesome! Already we've seen encouraging changes at our house, and the group Fellowship time last night was also evidence of that. I'm excited to see how they'll continue to grow. This was not something that I expected to come from all this! Praise God with us, and continue to pray for others who do not know Christ, that they would understand and want to trust Him as well.
B's memorial service was last Friday. Thanks for those who prayed for the family. They seemed to be doing very well. All the siblings were able to make it & the time of tributes was amazing. I hadn't known her too well but it was obvious that all had been impacted by her joy, love and concern for others, and love for Jesus. I was challenged to be more loving to my clients, to see them as Jesus would and at the same time to treat them as I would treat Jesus, if it were Him in that situation. After all, He told us that whatever we do to "the least of these" we do to Him. It made me very sad for the times I had been impatient or unkind, rather than patient and loving, wanting the best for them. Obviously I would want that if I were in their position, and I would never treat Jesus that way!
Please let this be a challenge to you as well, in whatever situation you find yourself. Are you being Jesus to those around you, spreading His joy & love? Or what do people see when they look at you? And are you treating people as you would treat the Lord of the Universe??
God, forgive us for hurting You by our actions. Help us to see the world through Your eyes today.
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
thanks for this encouraging post esther . . . I'm sorry for the loss, but happy to hear of all the good that has come from it . . .
Post a Comment